Vampires: My guilty pleasure


“You are a vampire who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips.”

~Lestat
Interview with a Vampire




Vampires, the blood sucking creatures of the night. The damned creatures that stalk the darkness to claim the very essence of your soul.

It was inevitable that I would begin to write stories about vampires. 

I have always loved a good vampire story.  I have been reading them for years.  My favorite vampire book (and movie) of all times is Interview with a Vampire. My second favorite would have to be Bram Stokers Dracula


My husband jokes when the topic comes up and I am running my mouth about the best vampire movies and books.  He calls me the preternatural expert in our house.

There was just something about those books that drew me in and I was unable to pull myself out again.  These characters and beings have been around for a long time and I am an avid fan.

Vampires are great for erotica.  There is something innately sexy about them.

My favorite books are the books in the Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton.  I also like the Underworld movies.  Yet, like I said my favorite is Interview with the vampire (it didn’t hurt that the main vampires were played by the sexiest men alive Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas.)

I have always wanted to write a book about the Preternatural and I finally sat down and wrote a few short stories. 

When I wrote Erotic Encounters: Tales of the Paranormal and Preternatural, I didn’t expect to publish it really. I was just writing for fun in-between novels. I posted many of the stories onto my blog and received some very good feedback about each story.  People read them and insisted that I write another one or write a second part to the finished story.

I realized that people loved to read my stories and so I collected them all. This is just a taste of what I can do with the supernatural.

One of my projects for next year is a preternatural novel based on vampires in Erotic Encounters: Tales of the Paranormal and Preternatural .  It will be fresh, exciting and new.  I have already begun to work on the characters and their backgrounds. It is crazy to finally get the time and support to let my imagination run wild. 

Seeing the great feedback that I have had about my short story anthology, I know that I can produce a great Vampire novel. 



*If you want to see what I can do with the paranormal and the preternatural check out my book Erotic Encounters:Tales of the Paranormal and Preternatural on Amazon for the Kindle or Barnes and Noble for the nook. Only $1.99 on both sites!

** Vote in my Poll on the best Vampire movies of all time!

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

C is for...