The Heart of a Writer

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Sometimes there are things that I want to say but I am so afraid to say it.  I believe that is why I took up writing fiction.  I could say that it was not real and it was just made up but deep down there is a glimmer of truth or the window into the soul, the heart of the writer in every story they tell even if it is fiction. 

Writers…

Our hearts are filled many people screaming and waiting for us to acknowledge them and tell others what their lives are about, who they love and who they wish would love them.  They breathe their sensuality into us and help us to feel what they feel so we can relay their passion and intensity with a fervor never felt before.

My characters…

They have a story to tell.  Sometimes in my sleep they slip into my dreams and they poke at me daring me to tell their story.  I have been living with them for the greater part of my life. It took a while but I finally found the courage to let their stories out and oh how many stories there are. 

Stories…

They are stories about infidelity, lesbianism, homosexuality, carnal lust, betrayal and every other emotion and feeling that afflicts mankind.  They will make you laugh, they will make you cry, they will make you love they will make you hate and they will make you happy that you had the opportunity to live in their world for 250 pages.

My heart…

My heart is a deep well. There is so much ready to burst free at any second of any day. I refuse to hold back any longer. Sometimes their story is my story and that is what makes me afraid.  Can I open myself up fully? Can I really make myself so vulnerable and let the whole world see things about me?  I must let myself be free to expose my heart or I cannot fully express the heart and soul.

So I write and write and write some more.  I will never stop writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

My Sexual Journey