I must admit...I AM THANKFUL.


Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.  ~Henry Van Dyke


It may sound strange but I am the Girl Scout Troop Leader for my daughter’s troop.  At our last meeting we discussed the meaning of Thanksgiving and we decorated little turkeys.  They also had to come with 5 things that they were thankful for.  They each thought of five things and then they asked me what 5 things I was thankful for.

Well…

1.      I am so thankful for my three beautiful daughters.  Some days they frustrate me and they make me angry but more often than not they make me smile.  That is how I make it through the hard and difficult times.  They are so adorable and so smart I can’t help but to love them to pieces. That is why I put my conversations with them on my blog.  They light up my life and everything that I do I do it for them.  Whenever I am feeling low and sad they have a way of making me feel better. 

2.      I am thankful for my husband. I see lots of my friends say they are looking for a good man and that there are no more good men out there. I thankful that I found a good man to treat me with respect and would do anything for me no matter how crazy or inappropriate it is.  He works hard to take care of me and

3.      I am thankful that I am able to provide for my family and my children better than my parents were able to provide for me.  They were able to provide for me in a way that I was able to go to school get a job and go a step further in providing for my kids.

4.      I am thankful that I have family and friends that love me and support me.  Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of people that don’t like me but I am grateful that there are so many people that do love me and will always be there for me.

5.      Finally I am thankful that I am healthy and here to write and be with my family. 
 
I could go on and on.  There are so many things that I am thankful for.  I can be very pessimistic and have a “woe is me” attitude sometimes but around the holidays I can see and be thankful for all that I have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

C is for...