Pillow Talk



No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~Carrie Snow

I love sleep. Sleep is one of my best friends. When I was younger, I remember I used to sleep all day and wake in time for dinner.

  My dad used to poke me just to see if I was still alive. In college my friends were amazed that I would get 12 hours of sleep.

That’s right.
12 hours of sleep.

  My classes would not start until 12 pm so I would go to bed at 11pm and wake at 11am. Plenty of time to showered and get dressed before class.

Before we had kids, there was this glorious time when I could sleep as much as I wanted.

My husband is always dragging me out of the bed, complaining that I am sleeping the day away. After we had kids, sleep and I started to lose touch and it made me miserable. I went from 12 hours of sleep to hopefully 3 hours in a row. Especially after this last kid.

She is 7 months old now and still has trouble sleeping through the night. I have to wake up at least once a night to just give her pacifier.

I love sleep so much that every chance I get I am in my pajamas. My husband calls me “Super woman” and swears that I am hiding a phone booth somewhere in the house because I go from clothes to pajamas in 2.5 seconds.

My habits are rubbing off on the kids. My 3 year old does the same thing now. As soon as she comes home from school she runs upstairs and throws on her PJ’s. Yet the kids are well aware that sleep is my weakness and they use it to their advantage.

The kids are terrible they use my desire to sleep all day as a way for them to do what they want. When my husband is at work they try to get me to go to sleep so they can watch what they want to watch on TV and have the run of the house.

Mady: Mommy you look tired
Me: I do?
Mady: yes. You should go in your room and fall asleep so that I can watch tv in your room and keep you company.

That is not the half of it. They also try to bribe me.

Mi-Mi: Hey you look tired. Why don’t you stop watching TV in here and go in YOUR room and take a nap.
Me: I guess I could use a nap.
Mi-Mi: you deserve a nap. And while you are napping Mady and Dylly and I will turn from the show you are watching here.

They just want to put me out so they can get the Big Screen to themselves.

I have so much to do on a daily basis that I feel like I shouldn’t sleep. It makes me grouchy and cranky. Yet after a refreshing nap I am ready to tackle the world again.

Right now I am up writing this and my pillow is calling my name. I think that I have more to say yet…I’m going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

C is for...