Checking -IN: The Erotic Housewife
I think that is about time that I checked in about what it has been like to be a full time writer and newly titled housewife. I have been a full time erotic romance / erotic writer for seven months now. There is so much I have accomplished in those 7 months. I have published 3 books, I am working with other writers getting their works published and my business is really taking off.
There are quite a few things that I have learned as well. Here are the TOP 10 things that I learned.
1. Being a stay at home wife and mom as well as a full time writer is more stressful than my day job. I sometimes have urges to go back to my 9 to 5. Sometimes…
2. Sometimes I feel like I am not contributing as much financially anymore.
3. It’s not always bad spending so much time with your kids.
4. Learned that I need to learn time management.
5. Mastering the art of writing a sexy scene in a erotic romance novel with a screaming baby on your lap.
6. Just because you don’t have a 9 to 5 does not mean you get more sleep. I believe I may get less sleep.
7. I want sex more now that I can focus on my erotic writing. Writing and reading about it always gets me turned on.
8. Working from home is just as stressful as working a 9 to 5.
9. I actually work too hard now that I stay at home more. I find myself staying up to 3 in the morning to get everything done.
10. I am stronger than I originally thought. I can do anything. (and still look sexy doing it.)
The bottom line is that I am lucky and grateful. I am grateful that I get to do what others wish they could do everyday. I get to do something that I love as well as well as spend time with my kids and husband. I take care of business on top of realizing my dreams. I have great kids and a great life. What more can I ask for?