The Omnipotence of the Kiss

"I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them."
 ~ Mae West
 
When I work on short stories the part I spend the most time on is the first kiss between my main characters.  I love documenting the fear, anxiety and emotions surrounding the moment their lips touch for the first time.  It is a magical moment and I would be heartbroken if I could not do it justice.

In Kristoffer Nyrop's book, The Kiss and its History he writes that "we all yearn for kisses and we all seek them; it is idle to struggle against this passion. No one can evade the omnipotence of the kiss ..."

I could not agree more that kissing is a powerful thing.  A kiss can express sentiments of love, passion, friendship, affection and respect.  It can be the last impression you leave after a first date (or second but for me depending on the date I don’t mind a kiss on the first date.).  It can also be the start of a beautiful relationship.

Mae West said it best: “A man’s kiss is his signature.”  I believe this because if the kiss is bad, that could be the end of that relationship before it had a chance to develop.  That happened to me a few times.  After that first bad kiss, I was done. 

My Two worse Kisses.

1.            Well, a relative of one of my friends said that he liked me and wanted to start something with me.  My feelings for him were luke warm and I wasn’t really that interested.  Well, I decided to give him a chance and go out with him. 

    The date was ok and there was minimal chemistry so all in all it wasn’t that bad…until the kiss.  He leaned in for the kiss and …ok sorry.  I had a moment.  I hate having to relieve this kiss. He leaned in for the kiss and…practically licked my face!  It was so bad there was slob running down my chin. (Oh Goodness make the memories go away!)

 

2.           A friend of mine said he wanted to be more than just friends and I was open to the idea.  Our mutual friends were excited and pushed us together.  We went out to the movies and were having a good time.  Then in the middle of the movie he went in for the kiss. 

    That is when I realized that his breath smelled like AWFUL!!! Oh my goodness! It was so bad that I swear it singed my nose hairs.  I did try though. He was a nice guy and a friend but I just could not take his Halitosis.  Needless to say it didn’t work out and unfortunately we are not friends anymore.

I love to kiss and so to reel me in you have to be an amazing kisser.  You have to be able to make my body feel like it is melting from the heat of the kiss.  You have to make my clit throb and have me begging for more when you are done.  This has happened to me on a few occasions that I would run onto someone that could kiss me into submission.

My Two best Kisses.

       1.           One of the best kisses I ever had was the very first time I kissed a girl.  It would be an understatement to say that I really liked it.  It happened when I was in high school my senior year.  I was hanging out with some friends and they dared me and another girl (whom was known as bisexual) to kiss.  Deep down I was excited, I had always wondered what it would be like to kiss her. 

     On the outside I had to pretend like it was such a burden to kiss this girl and I was only doing it because I don’t back down to a dare.  When we began to kiss I could feel every nerve on my body stand at attention.  She tasted sweet and better than any boy I had kissed up to that point.  It was sweet, gentle and oh so delicious.  When we were done I realized that I wanted more than that one kiss.  It never happened though.  I was too much in the closet for that to happen.

 

2.           The best kiss I had ever had and the most important kiss of them all happened when I was about to start college.  There was a college aged boy I met online and who wanted to meet me.  After we met we realized that we really like each other.  He wanted a relationship and I wasn’t sure I wanted that. Then he came to my job where I worked as a library assistant and decided he would persuade me with a kiss. 

    He took my face in his hands and laid his luscious lips on mine.  I wrapped my arms around him and let my body sink into his. It was the dominance and the strength he portrayed in his kiss that had me hooked.  It was definitely his signature as I have grown to know.  It was that kiss that had me hooked and that is one of the reasons why I married him.

Throughout my life there have always been boys and girls, men and women and I have always wanted to kiss them as much as they have wanted to kiss me.   I have been told I am an amazing kisser.  I think that is one reason why I can bring all the boys to the yard. I was always willing to give out lessons. 
So tell me: What was your worse and best kiss?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

C is for...