T is for...










is for Tasty Treats



I love sweets.
I love dessert.
I love to bake.
A good part of my time is spent coming up with tasty treats to share. One night I was home talking to my husband about some creations I was thinking of making for Halloween and he just sat there listening with an amused look on his face.
“How do you come up with these crazy concoctions?” He asked.
“Where do these food ideas come from?”
Well, I think about all the things that I haven’t seen before in the dessert world and I make them.
I get my love of cooking from my mom and my aunts on my dad’s side. My mother loved to cook and spent a great deal of her time coming up with recipes and jotting them all down. Her dream was to have a published cookbook one day.
When she passed, I gathered up all of her recipes one on a mission to share them with the world.
The only problem I noticed was that there were not very many desserts amongst the recipes. I’m not surprised. My mother was not a baker. On holidays she left the desserts to me and my sisters.
Every year I always tried to outdo myself.
So, I filled the website with my crazy baking creations and her delicious savory ones.
I have a large sweet tooth and my desserts are rarely ever simple or ordinary.
Cheesecake?
No, it has to be a peach cheesecake or banana pudding cheesecake.
Chocolate cupcakes?
No.
Has to be a homemade chocolate chip cupcake filled with chocolate cookies and cream whipped cream and topped with homemade chocolate frosting.
Just thinking about it is making me hungry. I’m always searching and  brainstorming about my latest tasty creations. My family, especially my kids, are always happy to be my little dessert guinea pigs.
Here’s a recipe I created that I want to share with you.



Banana Pudding Cupcakes

Ingredients
 1 1/4 cups flour
Click to see savings
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Click to see savings
3/4 cup sugar
Click to see savings
2 large eggs
Click to see savings
1 2/3 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of crushed Vanilla wafers
1 box of banana pudding mix


Directions
 Filling

Prepare filling first. Whisk together the banana pudding mix and 1 cup of the whole milk. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350° F.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a bowl of beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, stirring after each addition. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating it with the rest of the milk and mixing just until incorporated. Add the vanilla and fold in half of the crushed vanilla wafers.


Divide the batter among 12 cupcake tins with paper liners. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut holes in the middle of the cupcakes removing some of the cake. Save the cut out portions to put back onto the cupcake. Fill the middle of some of the banana pudding filling and some of the crushed vanilla wafers. Place the tops back on the cupcakes. Frost and decorate. Use some of the crushed wafers to sprinkle on top.   

Comments

  1. What a lot of creativity in the kitchen, Donnee! I love to bake and cook, too, but sounds like your desserts certainly are off the chart with deliciousness. Thank you. Annisxo (hand raised to volunteer as guinea pig).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother was a good cook over at a narrow range of food items. Her only real dessert that I recall was pumpkin pie, from the recipe on the can :) My sister still bakes it every Thanksgiving. Brat that I am, I steal the show with my famous bourbon pumkin cheesecake. Mmm good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Erotic Housewife Checks IN: The Depression of a Writer

I is for...

My Sexual Journey